Frequently Asked Questions on Modular Belt Conveyor Systems 1. Can modular belt conveyors be run…
Wrightfield offers and number of types of conveyor belts. Each type of belt has specific advantages and disadvantages. and selection will depend on the operating requirements and volume through puts. In this article a topic we look at Modular, PU and Slat, Wire Mesh will be included in a future article.
This flexible conveying solution is able to convey products through inclined paths, as well as horizontal and helical paths. Moreover, the belt is very flexible and permits 90 degree and 180 degree turns.
These attributes make these types of conveyor belts well suited to winding routes. The modular belt is an extremely reliable and versatile conveyance solution, having been tried and tested in a variety of disparate environments and situations.
- Available in lengths and widths to suit all applications
- This belt is very low maintenance
- Made from FDA approved materials
Owing to its hinge design, the slat belt is extremely flexible, and able to handle complex loops and tight corners. This makes the slat belt suited to facilities in which space is at a premium. This type of belt often used to convey smaller, lighter duty items.
- Extremely flexible
- Suited to long, winding routes, such as those one may encounter in a bottling plant
- This belt can be used for overhead conveying
The polyurethane belt (also called the PU belt) is a versatile belt that is used across a number of different industries. The belt is capable of conveying all manner of products, from delicate food substances to large boxes.
The PU belt is one of the types of conveyor belts that is particularly well suited to the food industry, this is in part owing to its resistance to liquids, such as grease, oil and water. Furthermore, the belt is resistant to the highly abrasive cleaning chemicals that are regularly used in the food industry.
- This belt is made from high resistant materials
- The belt is designed to deliver durability and robustness and to provide high levels of hygiene
- Available in specifications tailored to the needs and wants of the customer